Hello from Angela
I just wrapped up this email to my creative writing students and I’m sharing it here also. It’s been quite a while since I blogged. How have you been? I’ve been busy handling communications for an up and coming non-profit, writing, teaching and planning my course offerings and live events.
I hope you and your families weren’t hurt by Hurricane Florence in any way. For the most part, Charlotte was spared and for that I’m incredibly grateful. We hosted my mother from Florence, SC for four days, keeping her safe from any issues she might have experienced. Thankfully, her house was spared as well.
What is From Idea to Publication?
This course is for you if you think you’d like to write, but you aren’t sure how to take that next step. Maybe you’ve taken some classes, dabbled in writing, but now you need a bit more encouragement and maybe some expert eyes on your work. Starting October 15, prepare to flesh out your ideas, get some writing done, obtain expert feedback, and learn about the best target markets for your writing.
- Leave with a personalized plan for your specific project
- Be aware of at least three markets for your polished manuscript
- Understand the flow and layout of your story
- Learn how to write a query letter that wins
- Know about the best tools for tracking submissions
Here’s how the course will work
- After you register, a Zoom link will be sent to your registration email address for the first course which goes live October 15, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. You will be sent a new video link for subsequent Monday courses until November 12.
- This is a five week course.
- All you need: Ability to receive a free Zoom video conference call either via the web or your mobile phone.
- The course will be recorded for those unable to attend live. Recordings available shortly after the course meets.
Angela’s feedback and approach are amazing, and she is personally one of my favorite critics. She did wonders with my writing.
-Dr. Gail Summerskill, Writing Workshop Participant
I was a student in Angela’s creative writing class, “Short Story Marathon”, during the summer of 2009. I thoroughly enjoyed the class and I was impressed with her credentials. Her real-world experience as a writer added authenticity to the class. Her style of teaching allowed the other students and me to discover our own talents. We read short stories, discussed the elements of those short stories and incorporated what we learned into our own short stories. Angela was very encouraging and offered very helpful criticism. I wrote a short story in her class that subsequently became my first published novel. I cherish my experience in her class.
-Felicia Thomas, Attorney at Law at Felicia S.W. Thomas, Esq.
She always manages to take my words and make them into something amazing.
-Chef Shonda Caines, Business Communications Client
- More hands-on approach to your work over the course of 5 weeks, Valued at $1000
- A marketing plan for your specific work, Valued at $500
- Query-letter writing, Valued at $200
- Total Value, $1700
- Angela’s genuine caring and concern for her students, PRICELESS!
- Your investment just $138. Click here to purchase at this introductory price!
We want you to be satisfied. If for some reason this course isn’t what we promised, please let us know within 30 days.
I’m passionate about helping aspiring
writers reach their goals – Angela Haigler